Ever wondered what’s going on in kirtans? Ever wondered how you can add more devotion to your kirtan singing? Would you like to improve your devotional singing? Would you like to incorporate devotional music as sadhana in your life?
Then, this workshop is meant for you.
Together, we will deep dive into the basics of devotional music and share little secrets, which require years of kirtan to acquire. Whether you are a singer, percussionist or harmonium player, you will get special attention and insights will be shared with you. At the end of the workshop, you will have a better understanding on how you can participate in a kirtan session and add value to the group.
The weekend will be led by :
Kanaka Das Ananda, Bhakti Marga musician (harmonium, percussions, guitar, and many other instruments) and knowledge teacher,
Sudama Das Ananda, singer (guitar & small percussions) and country music coordinators : Bharati (Belgium) and Mahaswana Das (Netherlands).
Activities and program
Friday, 7 April : Introduction (Uccle)
- Arrival by noon : Informal afternoon of playing some kirtan and getting to know each other
- 17:00 – 18:00 : The art of kirtan (knowledge lecture)
- 18:00 – 19:00 : Kirtan and singing
- 19:00 – 21:00 : Kirtan
- 21:00 : Dinner*
Saturday, 8 April : Workshops (Uccle)
- 10:00 – 12:00 : Group singing basics + exercises
- 12:30 – 13:30 : Vegan lunch bring and share
- 14:00 – 16:00 : Breakout groups workshop (mridanga, harmonium, manjira + singing )
- 16:00 – 19:00 : Kirtan group coaching session + incorporating nontraditional instruments
- 19:30 : Dinner*
Sunday, 9 April : Temple prayers + workshop in temple (Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac)
- 9:45 – 12:00 : Prayers
- 12:30 – 13:30 : Vegan lunch (bring and share )
- 14:00 – 16:00 : Workshop